The average American spends more time picking out what they're going to wear each day than they will ever in planning out their careers. According to Brian Tracy, a study was conducted at Harvard University which showed that only 3% of the graduating class from their business program had clear, written goals. A few years later the researchers found that the 3% who had written down their goals had accomplished more financially than the other 97% combined.
Before going to bed tonight you should clearly write or re-write your life goals and create a plan to accomplish it. Some of you may not want to do this because you haven't concluded what you want to do with your life. Do it anyway. Your goals are not written in stone and can be changed at any time. I personally have a 5 year plan clearly written on my computer which I revise on a fairly regular basis. I revise my goals and plans after I've accomplished a goal or if I need to change the projected date of accomplishment for any reason. I also revise my plan if I change my mind as to what I want to do with my life 5 to 10 years down the road.
Zig Ziglar said, "If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." It takes no extra effort to set your goals high than it does to settle for mediocrity, so why not aim for something worthwhile?